Top 10 Electronic Dart Boards : Buyers Guide
An electric dartboard can provide you with hours of fun, but there are many different options to choose from. Thats we we thought it’ll be useful to review the best electronic dart boards.
These dart boards often features numerous games with sound effects to make the experience of playing even more enjoyable.
If you are interested in getting an electronic dart board, you need to know what your options are like.
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks:
In this post we will cover :
- What to look for when buying an electronic dart board
- Review: the 10 best electronic dart boards of 2018
What to Look for When Buying a Good Electronic Dart Board
The following are some of the most important things to consider before selecting a certain electronic dart board.
When you are looking for a truly great electronic dart board, you will need to focus on the number of games that each one offers.
Some of the more common games that you will get with an electronic dart board include cricket, round the clock, ’01 games, and Shanghai.
You don’t want to get one of these dart boards before finding out which games you will be able to play.
The more games your dart board offers, the more fun you will have with it.
Number of Players
Some electronic dart boards have a maximum of two players, while others allow three or four to play at one time.
While it’s true that you can always keep score of the game manually, this is still something you should keep in mind when looking at your options.
If you plan to play these games in larger groups, it’s always a good idea to look for a dart board that will allow for this.
Sound Volume & Quality
All electronic dart boards make different sounds and are noisy to one degree or another.
If you don’t want a board that is obnoxiously loud, you will have to take your time and find the right one.
In-game sound effects can be a nice little addition, but you probably don’t want a dart board that is over-the-top loud, as it could be distracting.
The buttons that your new electronic dart board has is something else that you will need to look at when researching your options.
Make sure that you aren’t able to accidentally hit the button to switch off the board easily, as this could end up ruining quite a few games.
Look at how each dart board mounts to the wall, as you will want to choose one that will up securely at all times.
The last thing you want is for your dart board to fall off the wall in the middle of a spirited game.
Some of these boards have stronger mounting designs than others, so this is definitely something that you should pay attention to.
You will want to look for an electronic dartboard that has a decent size LED display for the scores so that you don’t have to strain your eyes to see it.
Some dart boards have brighter displays than others, so make sure that you look into this as well before making a final decision.
10 Best Electronic Dart Boards Reviewed
The following is a list of the best 10 electronic dartboards on the market right now and what each one has to offer.
This electronic dart board offers 34 unique games as well as 183 scoring options to choose from. There are five different skill levels, so you can decide how challenging you want each of the games to be. One great thing about this board is that you can have a maximum of 8 players at once.
The unique segment holes along with the very thing spider in this board keep bounce outs to a minimum.
Made of thick ABS plastic, this dart board is very sturdy and strong.
When you buy this board you will get six darts with spare parts, the power adapter, manual, and all hardware necessary for mounting.
- Total of 34 different games to choose from with 5 difficulty levels.
- 183 scoring options to choose from.
- Made of durable ABS plastic material.
- Large LCD on front that displays scores.
- Front panel is very easy to read.
- Designed to prevent bounce outs, making each game more fun.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Allows 8 people to play at once on any given game.
- Some problems have been reported with the sound function not working properly after a while.
There is a very bright LCD front panel that displays the scores for each game very clearly, and you can have anywhere from 1 to 8 players for any game.
The very thin and expanded catch ring will reduce the chances of bounce-outs. There is also automatic scoring and a voice announcer to make it feel like you are in a real competition.
- 21 different games for you to choose from with 65 variations to keep things interesting.
- Bright LCD panel on front of dartboard that displays the score of the game at all times.
- Voice announcer to make it feel like you are really in a competition when playing.
- Wider-than-normal catch ring makes bounce outs a thing of the past.
- Automatic scoring so you won’t have to worry about keeping track.
- Play with up to 8 different people or even just by yourself without any problems.
- Choosing from the programmed games can be a bit confusing at first.
It is very cheap, but not of high quality. The reason it hit the list is because some people just cant afford anything else. but this one is definitely not highly recommended unless you’re only budget driven.
There are also cricket scoring displays that you will be able to use when playing this particular game.
With 21 different games and 65 variations to choose from, you will always be able to find something fun to do with this board. There is even a heckler feature to throw off your opponents.
The voice feature is fun and not obnoxious at all, which is somewhat of a rarity with these boards.
Up to 8 people can participate in games with this board at once. This is a great electronic dartboard for those who are on a budget.
- Supports up to 8 players at once for each game.
- Heckler voice feature that can add to the fun of each game you play.
- Cricket scoring displays.
- Choose from 21 different games and 65 variations for the perfect playing experience every single time.
- LCD panel on the bottom front of the board will give you the scores to the games throughout.
- Darts sometimes do not register even when they stick to the board.
- Some sections of the board move around when hit.
It features a very durable construction and features 28 games along with a whopping 167 variations to choose from.
There is also an electronic LCD scoreboard with all of the games conveniently listed.
One of the great things about this dartboard is the fact that it is so easy to mount because of the way it is specifically designed.
This is a great dart board for both home and office use. It comes with six darts as well as two flight colors and six bonus replacement tips.
- Large 15.5” tournament size that is perfect for official competitions.
- Total of 28 games to choose from with 167 variations.
- Comes with six darts and two flight colors.
- Durable construction means that you can trust this board will last a long time.
- All darts fit perfectly into the built-in holder that comes with the board.
- LED cricket scoreboard allows you to know what everyone’s scores are at all times.
- Green score line may be difficult for some people to read.
This dartboard measures 22.7” tall by 20.5” wide and 1.25” in diameter.
It sports a lightweight design can easily be transported without any hassle. The concave segment holes in this board keep bounce outs to a minimum.
The electronic scoring feature can be activated with just the push of a button, and it completely eliminates the need to keep score manually.
There is also a LED panel on the front that is powered by 4 AA batteries, which are not included.
You can have as many as 8 players in any given game at once. There are 20 different games and 90 variations to choose from.
- Reduces the occurrence of bounce outs with concave segment holes.
- Have up to eight players at once for any given game.
- 20 different games to choose from with 90 variations.
- Large LED panel on the front of the board clearly displays scores and all other important details.
- Powered by 4 AA batteries so you don’t have to worry about any cords.
- Plastic material this board is made out of is a bit flimsy.
The GSE games & Sports Expert dart board is made of oak wood, which means that it is exceptionally durable for many years of use.
It features a self-closing hinges as well as bronze screws for a very solid overall construction.
The padded black felt on the backboard adds to the elegant aesthetic of this board, making it a great addition for any home or office.
This board measures 41.5” long by 21.25” wide by 3.5” in diameter.
The dartboard itself has a self-healing design as well as a moveable number ring. This board comes with six 17 gram brass steel tip darts.
- Solid wood construction of this dart board means that it will last for many years without much wear.
- Self-healing design ensures that the board doesn’t get all marked up even with regular use.
- Comes with six durable steel tip darts.
- You can move number ring around to wherever you want.
- Available in both oak and mahogany.
- Cricket score sheet on inside of the board.
- Doesn’t offer multiple games.
This dartboard measures 18” x 24” and offers 48 different games, including ’01 and cricket.
You can have up to 8 players per game, and the board comes with two sets of darts with spare tips.
This board definitely has more games than most, providing you with plenty of different ways to have fun at home or even at the office.
There is also a 4-color LCD panel on the front of the board that can easily be seen from standard throwing distance.
The scoring parts of the board light up and flash to enhance your overall playing experience.
- Board lights up and flashes in certain parts when you score.
- Bright LCD panel on the front of the board clearly displays the score in each game.
- Harley Davidson engine sound plays every time you hit the bull’s eye on the board.
- Total of 48 games to choose from.
- Have up to 8 different people playing at once.
- Board itself is made of a thick plastic material that will stand the test of time.
- Comes with two sets of darts with extra tips.
- Some customers have reported problems with darts sticking to board properly.
The Winman Blade 5 Bristle is a professional dartboard and has an endorsement from the British Darts Organization.
Its wiring system is significantly thinner than previous models to increase the chances of experiencing bounce outs.
This boards is also designed to maximize dart deflection with a razor wire angle that is 30 degrees less than its predecessor.
The triple wheel lock-and-level system that this board uses will keep it securely mounted to the wall at all times, even during spirited game play. The bull’s eye ring made with Carbon Diffusion technology for maximum durability.
- Increased scoring area with thinner wiring for less web surface area and more potential to score.
- Sharper angle wiring effectively deflects darts towards the primary scoring area on the board.
- Significantly stronger than previous models due to the steel guides.
- Triple-wheel lock and level system makes this board easy to set up and keep on the wall without any movement.
- Professional-grade board.
- Carbon diffusion technology makes this dart board extremely durable.
- Darts tend to fall out semi-frequently.
The Winmau Diamond Plus dart board is designed to be used in tournaments but is perfect for casual game play as well.
It boasts a staple-free bull’s eye and has even received an endorsement from the British Darts Organization.
The angled divider wire that this dart board uses ensures that the darts go to the proper areas of the board for accurate hits every time.
This board has a very solid overall construction with self-healing sisal fibers.
The number ring on this board is removable and makes for easy rotation whenever necessary. The board itself measures 17.75” in Demeter by 1.5” thick.
- Tournament-grade board can be used in official competitions.
- Sturdy construction ensures that this board will last a long time without showing signs of wear.
- Self-healing design guarantees that this board will stay in good condition for years even with regular use.
- Diamond-shaped wires remove the possibility of bounce out.
- Moveable number ring extends the overall life of the board significantly.
- Regulations dimensions.
- Edges of the board tend to get scuffed easily.
This board from Ignat Games is designed to significantly reduce bounce for a higher scoring potential, which means more fun with each game.
It is made of high-grade Kenyan sisal bristle fibers, which means that it is self-healing and will last for a long time before showing any signs of wear.
When you order this dart board you will receive a free eBook should tells you exactly how to use it.
It is competition-ready with official tournament dimensions, so you can easily use it in competitions.
- Built very sturdy to last a lifetime with high-quality self-healing design.
- Can be used in official competitions due to its regulation size.
- Ultra-slim segmentation system is significantly slimmer than most other dart boards on the market.
- Comes with numerous training darts.
- Staple-free wire system makes scoring much more likely.
- Board has some natural cracks in the material.
The Bottom Line
With such a huge selection of electronic dart boards to choose from, it can be difficult to make the right selection.
We hope this post helped you pick the best electronic dart board that fits your gaming needs!
If you still can’t make up your mind, generally, we recommend the fat cat electronic dart board, and the Harley Davidson electronic dart board. These two are very well made and of high quality, so definitely pick one (or both ) of them.
Last, please share this post via social media so we can keep growing tablegamez.com and provide more awesome content like this one!