Top 10 Pool Cues : Finding The Perfect Pool Stick
If you love playing pool, it is important that you get the right cues.
Whether you enjoy playing at home or in pool halls, the cue you use makes all the difference.
You simply won’t be able to stay at the top of your game without the right cue.
Thats why we thought it’d be useful to review the best pool cues (pool sticks) to save you time, energy and money.
Pool tip: We recently reviewed the best pool tables, if you’re looking for one, check this out.
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks:
In this post we cover :
1.What to look for when buying a pool cue
2.What are the 10 best pool cues to buy
Lets dive right into it.
What to Look for When Buying a High Quality Pool Cue
The more you learn about buying the right pool cue, the easier it will be to choose the right one.
*Quick Pool tip: if you’re going to play 9 ball pool, we just posted the rules, read them here.
With so many of these options, it’s crucial that you do your research.
The material of the pool cues you get will definitely be an important factor to consider.
Cues that are made out of harder materials mean more power. A good solid wood pool cue will give you the power of Superman!
Fiberglass and graphite are also two common materials for pool cues. If you are serious about your pool game, however, wood is the way to go. Some newer pool cues combine carbon fiber, graphite and other materials for superior durability.
When it comes to the weight of the cue, it’s all about what you feel comfortable with.
This means that you don’t need to be a body builder to use a heavier stick.
Take the time to test out different weights until you find one that works for you.
Those who have a shorter span should look for cues that are forward weighted.
Most people will find that a 19 oz cue is perfect. There isn’t a right or wrong weight for everyone, so you will need to do some experimenting.
Experience Level (Beginning pool player Vs. Experienced )
If you are just starting out with shooting pool, a basic cue is just fine. As you get more experience under your belt, you might want to think about upgrading.
More experienced players can benefit from special cues for jumping and breaking.
You don’t have to be a millionaire to afford a good pool cue, but prices do vary. A good beginner’s stick can cost up to $100.
Those with more experience can spend as much as $500. If you want a professional pool cue, you can easily spend $600-$1,000.
If you aren’t an experienced player, don’t go for the most expensive one (you’ll need to save some money for betting against friends!)
The joint, shaft, and handle of a pool cue are all very important. If you sweat a lot when you play, get a cue with a handle that is designed to absorb moisture.
There are a lot of sticks that use advanced rubber technology for the grips.
If you want a pool cue that will last a long time, you should get one with wider, longer joints.
These cues tend to be ideal for jump shots and breaking. Pool cues with metal joints are ideal because they usually offer the best “feel”.
The tip of the pool cue is also worth considering. A soft tip will help you keep control with each of your shots.
There are lots of aftermarket tips that you should look into as well. Go to a pro shop in your area so you can get a superior tip installed on your cue.
Top Picks : Best 10 Pool Cues
1. TaiBA 2-Piece Pool Stick
Made of 100% Canadian maple wood, this pool cue is multi-varnished and extremely durable.
This cue is designed not to warp due to moisture, so it will stand the test of time. The brass joints are also very strong and dependable.
The multi-weight system this cue boasts will allow you to change the weight to your own preference.
It is a comfortable choice for most players, designed to minimize slippage and deflection.
The fact that this pool cue is also designed to increase power will definitely work in your favor.
It is also easy to keep clean and looking good over the years. When you order this pool cue, you will receive a storage pouch for accessories.
- Extremely sturdy Maple Wood design that will last through years of regular use.
- Brass joints that are incredibly durable and help to enhance player’s performance.
- Comes with pool stick and accessory cases.
- Designed to reduce deflection and slipping while increasing power and accuracy.
- Suitable for beginner’s and more experienced players.
- Very easy to clean with no hassle.
- Some customers claim that this cue isn’t quite straight enough.
This pool cue’s joint is made of stainless steel, making it incredibly strong and powerful. The soft leather tip on this stick ensures accuracy and control. It measures 58” long with a stylish Irish linen wrap.
The hard maple wood forearm of this pool cue is very sturdy and will help you in beating your friends at this game.
The metal threading of the shaft means this stick will stand the test of time. The urethane buttplate of the stick also helps with making accurate shots.
If you are a very active pool player, this cue is a great investment to make. It is a great choice for those who don’t have much experience and intermediate players.
- Stainless still joint for maximum durability and control.
- Soft leather tip of this cue will help a lot with accuracy.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Two-piece design means this pool cue is very easy to transport.
- Adjustable weight guarantees that you are comfortable with this stick.
- Rubber bumper is very durable.
- Canadian maple shaft will stand the test of time.
- Might not be suitable for people with a shorter span.
Available in 18 oz and 19 oz variations, this pool cue has a lot to offer. It is made of sturdy Maplewood material, so you know it will last.
It has a stylish brown and black design for a nice aesthetic.
The leather tip on this stick is great for maintaining your control when taking all sorts of shots. It is 48” in length, making it ideal for those who are “vertically challenged”.
The steel joint on this stick is fairly standard but durable nonetheless.
This pool cue weighs a total of 19 oz, which will enable you to make some very powerful shots. Overall, this stick is a great choice for most people.
- Perfect length for those with a shorter span.
- Nice stylish aesthetic with brown and black color scheme.
- Durable Canadian Maplewood construction that you can depend on for many years.
- Soft leather tip will help you keep your control when taking a variety of shots.
- Steel joint is tough and creates the perfect feel for all players.
- 19 oz weight is not unwieldy and helps with making powerful shots.
- The tip doesn’t hold chalk very well.
This 58” stick has a pure maple shaft, making it very hard and sturdy. The ferrule has a high-impact design that lends itself to long-term regular use. There is also a double pressed wrap that contributes to this cue’s aesthetic and functionality.
The finish of this pool cue is resistant to chips as well as fading for long term beauty. It is also completely straight, making it easier to shoot accurately. The super-UV finish on this stick makes warping and moisture problems of the past.
The joint collar is made of a thick steel material, and the triple silver rings are something you should consider as well.
- High-quality tip for ultimate control.
- Double-pressed black wrap for a nice sleek aesthetic.
- Top-grade Maplewood shaft for long-lasting durability through years of regular use.
- Ferrule has high impact design.
- Cue’s finish protects against chipping and fading.
- Designed with a special finish to protect from moisture damage and warping.
- Guaranteed to be completely straight.
- Perfect for intermediate players and professionals.
- Butt piece tends to come loose every so often.
The C-950 has a top-grade shaft that is made entirely from North American Maplewood material. The butt cap and joint are both made from stainless steel. It has a black double-pressed linen wrap for enhanced aesthetics.
With a nutmeg stain and Maplewood forearm, you can depend on this stick to last for a long time. The soft pro-grade tip offers optimal control when you are taking any type of shot. There is also a strong epoxy finish that will keep the stick from warping.
This pool cue is impressively durable and perfect for regular use. It can be used by experienced professionals as well as those who are just starting out.
- Offers great control with high-quality pro tip.
- Beautiful solid black and brown finish for a stylish aesthetic.
- Maplewood forearm and butt are very sturdy.
- Stabilizer keeps your shots steady and accurate no matter what.
- Stainless steel butt cap and joint.
- Perfect for those who participate in pool competitions.
- Epoxy finish ensures no damage from moisture (warping).
- Tip of cue could be softer.
Measuring 48” long, this pool cue is made from tough Maplewood material that will hold up very well over the years. The two-piece design of this stick makes it easy to break down and transport.
This cue has a 13mm leather tip that is very soft and can improve your accuracy with each shot. The 16 oz. cue weights will allow you to shoot perfectly even in tighter spaces. It is designed for younger players with a shorter span.
The wrap of this pool cue is designed to minimize vibration and tension, so your grip is always just right. It also has some nice-looking graphics for a stylish appearance. Both the butt and shaft of this cue will help you sink more balls.
- Tough and long-lasting Maplewood construction that you can depend on to hold up over time.
- Designed to handle tighter spaces exceptionally well, making it perfect for younger players.
- 13mm leather tip offers you more control than you’ve ever had with other sticks.
- 2-piece design breaks down quickly and easily for convenient transportation.
- Joints are made of ABS plastic for a light feel.
- Some complaints from customers about tip not chalking well.
This pool cue has a solid wood construction that is far superior to many other sticks on the market. It measures 58” long and weighs exactly 19 oz, making it ideal for beginners.
The stainless steel rocket pin and collar of the stick help to enhance overall performance. The butt of the stick has a nice pearl white color that makes it very aesthetically-pleasing. The high-quality design of this stick makes it well-suited for competitions.
You will quickly discover that this pool cue is a great investment for beginners and intermediate players. It is made of quality materials that are meant to last.
- Competitive quality design that is perfect when you are playing for money.
- Stylish design that others will be sure to notice.
- Great overall value for the money.
- 19 oz. weight is ideal for most players.
- Durable Maplewood construction will last for decades.
- 58” length is ideal for those with a long span.
- Steel rocket pin and collar will hold up well over time.
- Weight is not adjustable.
The Lucasi pool cue has a stylish but simple design with a black forearm and butt. The joint of this stick uses Quick Release technology for easy transportation. It has a four-piece construction that results in powerful hits.
You will find that the sheer durability of this pool cue is quite impressive. It is made of solid Maplewood, so it doesn’t scratch or get damaged easily. The design of this stick also prevents warping.
There is also Low Deflection technology used in building this stick, specifically the shaft. This keeps deflection to an absolute minimum. It is a great-looking stick with amazing functionality.
- Low Deflection technology for the shaft makes for a solid core.
- Four-piece construction increases the power of each of your hits.
- Quick Release design for joint means a better overall feel for any given shot.
- Simple but sleep design that others will notice and envy.
- Wood stabilizer keeps the cue from warping and getting damaged by moisture.
- Completely straight for accurate shots every single time.
- Incredibly precise inlays.
- A bit pricey for those who are on a tight budget.
The D-JS pool cue has a stylish jester-themed design that is especially appropriate for those who love to play card games as well. It has a nice 13mm tip that offers superior control. When you order this stick you will get a lifetime warranty.
The joint collar is made of stainless steel, and the pin will provide you with a solid shot every time. You can get this stick in 18-21 oz in ½ oz measurements.
One of the unique things about this pool cue is that it is appropriate for people of all experience levels. Whether you are a beginner or advanced player, this stick is a good selection.
- Oak leather tip that will help you increase consistency with your game.
- Jester skull graphic design on this cue is impressively stylish.
- Joint collar is made out of stainless steel for long-lasting durability.
- Epoxy fills in all of the pores in wood for ultimate protection against moisture.
- Ferrule has a high-impact design for extreme sturdiness.
- Graphics on surface tend to chip over time.
There are many things to love about this pool cue, including its ultra-durable construction. It is made with solid Maplewood for years of regular use without wear and tear.
The composite coating on this stick keeps it completely straight and free of dents and scratches. It is also very easy to clean, so there is no hassle involved. The veltex grip on this stick makes it easier to handle than most pool cues.
This is an ideal pool cue for kids because of its short design. It is also convenient when you are shooting in tight spaces.
- Veltex grip reduces slippage and stabilizes your shots.
- Shorter length is perfect for young people and use for tight shots.
- Designed to not warp or dent easily.
- Adjustable weight system so you can find the perfect weight no matter what.
- Beautiful finish makes this pool cue very stylish.
- May not be ideal for those who prefer a weighted cue.
We hope you liked our best pool cues review and picked the one you liked. All of these pool cues are awesome.
When buying a pool stick, heres the rule of thumb : usually the more expensive sticks, will last longer, be more precise and made out of better materials.
Thats why we recommend that you do NOT shop based on price only.
Unless your buying a pool stick for children that will probably break it anyway, go with the higher priced ones so you get a better pool game experience!
Last, please share this post via social media so we can keep growing tablegamez.com!