Buying Best Ping Pong Table : Buyers Guide
There are many different ping pong tables (aka table tennis) to choose from, but it’s important that you take a close look at some of your options before choosing one in particular.
A ping pong table can provide you with hours of entertainment, and it’s the perfect addition to any basement or recreation room.
Not all of the ping pong tables you come across will have the same design or quality build, which is why you must do your research before setting on a certain one.
*If you’re just starting out playing ping pong, we highly recommend you read the rules of ping pong first.
In this post we will cover:
- What to look for in when buying the best ping pong table
- The top 10 best ping pong tables EVER
Tip : In a hurry? no worries, choose a ping pong table from the chart below!
Lets dive right into it, so you can get your table and play some ping pong ASAP!
What to Look for When Buying a Ping Pong Table
You will need to focus on a few key things when looking for a good ping pong table so you can get one that you are truly happy with.
One of the important things to consider when looking for the right table tennis is portability. Are you planning on keeping the table set up all the time or will you be setting it up and putting it away a lot? If you aren’t going to have your ping pong table set up permanently, you will need to look for one that folds up quickly and easily.
The thickness of the ping pong table you get is something else to look at. A lot of people will say that you should only buy ping pong tables that are at least 1” thick on top.
This is a crucial factor when it comes to how even of a bounce you get when playing table tennis. You should look for a table with a thickness of at least 0.75”.
You should also make a point of trying to find a ping pong table with sturdy legs that will definitely hold up well in the long term. Some of these tables feature leg levelers, which can be very useful when the surface the table is on isn’t completely level. This feature ensures that neither player’s game is thrown off by an unlevel surface.
It’s always a good idea to look for a ping pong table with a net that uses soft attachments so that your table doesn’t get all scratched up. The net clamps should never dig into the underside of your table either, as this can cause quite a bit of damage over time.
The overall size of your new ping pong table is something you will need to think about before making your choice. You will need to make sure that you have the space for one of these tables, as even the smaller ones can take up quite a bit of room. If you don’t have space for a ping pong table inside your house, you might want to think about keeping it outside.
Top Picks : Best 10 Ping Pong Tables
The following are some of the best ping pong tables on the market, and it is highly recommended that you take the time to look into each one before making your decision.
This ping pong table has a tournament-quality build and is 9×5 regulation size. It is designed to be set up very quickly, making it perfect for those who aren’t planning to keep theirs up permanently. The 5/8” thick medium-density fiberboard surface is very durable and offers consistent ball bounce without any issues.
The legs on this ping pong table are sturdy and attach with a total of 8 bolts. It sits on a four wheel trolley systems, making it more mobile than most other models on the market. The 2-piece design of this table allows people to play by themselves by simply leaving the other side of the table vertical.
The dark blue tabletop with silk-screened striping down the middle makes for a traditional but durable playing surface. It comes pre-assembled, so you don’t have to worry about having to put it together.
- Thick medium-density fiberboard playing surface offers reliable and consistent ball bounce.
- Doesn’t require any assembly out of the box.
- 2-piece design makes playing by yourself easy.
- Portable design of this table allows you to set it up within just 10 minutes.
- Automatic anti-tilting locking devices offer additional safety during game play.
- Some customers claim that this table can be difficult to level at times.
- The top of the table could be a bit thicker.
The STIGA Advantage Competition ping pong table has a versatile design that is competition-ready and suitable for both home and office use. It has 3” lockable casters that are perfect for storing and setting up the table quickly.
The tabletop is 5/8” thick and boasts multiple roller coat finish as well as silk-screen striping for a traditional ping pong playing experience. You can easily attach and remove the net, which uses tournament-grade 72” clamp-style net and post. This table is 95% pre-assembled, which means that there is minimal setup required out of the box.
- Safety latch system that is located on the underside of the table locks the tabletop into place to keep it stable at all times.
- 72” tournament-grade net and post set features a premium cotton blend net as well as tension adjustment.
- Table can accommodate two players at once or just one player for honing table tennis skills.
- Ultra-compact design allows this table to be stored easily in even the tightest of spaces.
- Adjustable leg levelers make playing ping pong with this table easy on almost any surface.
- Steel spring clam post system is extremely durable.
- Some screws in the table tend to come out with regular play, need to be put back in.
- Hinge design can make it difficult to stand this table upright.
This is another JOOLA ping pong table that has a lot to offer overall. Each half of this table is nearly a perfect square, so you can use them for various things when you’re not playing. The legs fold in and each half of the table can be put together and stored in most spaces.
You will find that this table is regulation height but with a smaller surface, making it ideal for small apartments and even dorm rooms. There is a custom-sized net and post set that you can attach with a traditional screw clamp configuration.
There is absolutely no assembly necessary with this table, as all you need to do is simply unfold the legs and start playing. This table measures 73” long x 36” wide x 30” tall with a total weight of 62 pounds.
- Designed for small spaces so it doesn’t take up a lot of room like so many other ping pong tables.
- Comes 100% pre-assembled.
- Versatile design allows this table to be separated into two halves for use in game nights and other activities.
- Extremely easy to fold up and store even in tight spaces where there isn’t a lot of room.
- Regulation height with custom-sized net and post that attaches quickly and easily.
- Only three screws hold the table up.
- Can be a bit wobbly and unstable when not on a completely solid, flat surface.
One of the best things about the STIGA Space Saver table is that it has a compact design, making it easy to use and store in smaller areas. The folding storage position makes this table easy to keep in almost any area when it is not in use.
There is absolutely no assembly required with this tennis table, so you won’t need to do any setting up. It is regulation height and comes with a net and post set. You can break this table down into two individual halves, which you can use for a variety of fun activities.
- 5/8” MDF tabletop with silkscreen striping is smooth and always offers a level playing surface.
- 25” steel legs with levelers are very durable and allow you to use the table on virtually any surface without wobbling.
- Independent table halves let you use each part of the table for board games and other activities.
- Compact design makes this table perfect for smaller space where there isn’t a ton of room.
- Regulation height with net and post
- No assembly required at all.
- Fiberboard tabletop tends to chip over time with regular use.
- Footpads can come loose over time.
This ping pong table from EastPoint is 85% smaller than most other tables, making it easy to fit in most spaces without any issues. The top of this table is fully laminated with a strong steel frame, so you can trust it to last a long time through regular use.
When you purchase this table, you will get the pre-assembled table itself as well as a deluxe retractable net and post system. You will find that this table is designed for those who don’t plan on keeping it in one place all the time, as it features easy carry handles.
- Easy carry handles enable you to transport this table easily and without straining yourself.
- Thick steel frame is rust-resistant for long-lasting durability.
- Thick legs of this table make it extra sturdy and able to withstand the test of time.
- Designed for competitions and casual fun.
- Easy to fold up and store within just a few minutes.
- Tabletop tends to get scratched and scuffed somewhat easily.
- Small bow in the center of the table due to tension bars pulling so tightly.
The Butterfly Centerfold 25 is a professional table tennis table, approved by the International Table Tennis Federation and USTTA for tournament play. This table offers easy setup with a 1-piece fold and roll design that allows you to put it away quickly.
The 1” thick tabletop is scratch proof and extremely durable, so you can count on it to stay in very good condition throughout the years. When you buy this table you will also get a tournament-quality Europa table tennis net set. Anyone who is serious about ping pong will definitely want to take a close look at this table.
- Easy setup design allows you to get this table up and ready for play within minutes.
- 1” thick tabletop is scratch-proof for long-lasting durability that you can count on.
- Comes with tournament-quality table tennis net.
- You get a 5 year warranty.
- ITTF approved.
- Tournament-ready design is ideal for those who are serious about table tennis.
- Might be a bit large for those who only have a small area to work with.
The Harvil Outsider is a great choice for those who want a ping pong table they can use outside. The weather-proof design and aluminum tabletop make this table an excellent choice for regular use outside. It is also very portable and compact, making it easy to transport when necessary.
You will find that the wheels on this ping pong table are easy to lock when you want to keep in place and unlock when you need to move it. It is designed and engineered by Harvil, which is a fairly reputable and well-known company when it comes to sporting goods. This table has an attractive design and is perfect for casual players and professionals.
- Bright lines that clearly lay out the boundaries so there is no confusion.
- Weather-resistant design makes this table perfect for playing outside.
- Portable and compact design means easy transportation when you need to take this table anywhere.
- Comes with a money back guarantee.
- Thick steel frame means that this table is highly sturdy and durable.
- Waterproof design.
- Outside cover that comes with this table is a bit too thin.
This ping pong table has a waterproof design that makes it well-suited for outdoor use. The non-glare aluminum top and ALU-TEC climate control underside also make this table perfect for playing outdoors. It can be folded up and stored quickly and easily, so you don’t have to deal with any complicated series of steps.
Engineered with 4.5” dual-wheeled casters, you will find this table is very easy to move around and store. You will also receive two Kettler Halo 5.0 paddles, an outdoor cover and a 6-pack of 3-star balls. The safety-fold dual lock will prevent accidental opening or closing, and its playback features allows you to practice your game alone.
- Safety-fold dual lock feature that prevents unintentional opening and closing.
- Engineered with 4.5” dual-wheeled casters to make storing and transporting the table easy.
- Comes with a money back guarantee.
- Accessories include six balls and two sturdy paddles.
- 2-inch galvanized steel legs that are corrosion and UV-resistant for maximum durability.
- Instructions for assembly are a bit confusing.
The Hathaway Victory Professional 9’ ping pong table is designed for tournaments and competitions. It has a 1” thick surface with numerous layers of coating so you always get fast and responsive ball bounce with each game. This is also a great table for families who just want to have fun together.
The 6-step assembly process will allow you to set up this table within a matter of minutes. This table measures 9’ long x 5’ wide and comes with two paddles, three balls and a net. There are also 2” heavy gauge steel supports that ensure this table will stand strong for a very long time.
- Tournament-quality ping pong table.
- Comes with a full money back guarantee.
- 1” thick surface has 20 layers of coating for perfect ball bounce.
- 2” heavy gauge steel supports means this table holds up well no matter what.
- Perfect size for even smaller areas.
- Assembly could be a bit simpler.
This ping pong table from STIGA is extremely durable and features 5/8” thick tournament blue table top. There are also 2” self-opening steel legs with 3” mag wheels, making it very easy to move this table around when you need to.
The QuickPlay chassis that this table features makes it easy to assemble quickly without any problems. The steel legs are really what make this table so impressively durable. Anyone who is currently looking for a table that is easy to store and transport should consider getting this one.
- Very compact design and easy to store even in smaller spaces.
- 3” mag wheels with locks so you can easily move the table around and keep it firmly in place when playing.
- Tournament-grade tabletop measures 5/8” thick.
- Self-opening steel legs are strong and convenient.
- Comes with 66” net and post set.
- There is a gap in the middle when closing one side.
The Bottom Line
We hope this post helped you find the best ping pong table so you can enjoy playing. Ping pong (or table tennis) is one of the best games ever made and its extremely fun!
If you can’t make up your mind, checkout the table at the beginning of the post and just buy the top pick table we chose there.
Pro tip: click here if you’re looking to buy a ping pong paddle and read our top 10 review.
Don’t over-think it, just make sure you’re buying the right one so your ping pong experience will be great.
There are lots of options to choose from when it comes to ping pong tables, but you will need to find one that will match your specific needs. We found that the STIGA Space Saver Table Tennis Table is among the very best ping pong tables on the market because of its compact design and overall sturdiness.