THE ULTIMATE BUYERS GUIDE – AIR HOCKEY TABLES
An air hockey table can be fun for people of all ages, and there are many of them to choose from. If you are interested in buying one of these tables, you will need to know what to look for and what your options are. It is the perfect solution for those who like the idea of playing hockey but don’t want to lose any teeth.
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks:
IN TODAYS POST WE COVER:
- WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A GOOD AIR HOCKEY TABLE
- OUR PICKS : THE BEST AIR HOCKEY TABLES
Before we dive deeper into our top picks, lets talk about what you should look for when buying a quality air hockey table.
What to Look for in a Good Air Hockey Table
There are some key things to look for in a quality air hockey table, and it’s important you know what they are before shopping around.
You will quickly find that air hockey tables come in a wide range of sizes. You will need to know how much space you have for one of these tables. Take the time to measure the area you plan on putting the table so you don’t accidentally get one that doesn’t fit.
Air hockey tables can be 3 or 4 feet to 8 feet long and 4 feet wide. It is recommended that you leave at least 34” of space on either side of the table. You want to be able to play comfortably and move around without being inhibited.
You get what you pay for with air hockey tables, so you need to keep that in mind. The cheaper tables cost around $100, while the high-end models can reach up to $1,000. You don’t have to get the most expensive table on the market, but you shouldn’t go too cheap either.
The more expensive tables tend to be well-made and last longer. Make sure that you decide how much you can afford to spend before you start looking at your options. If you want an air hockey table that will really last, you’ll need to spend at least a few hundred dollars.
Types of Air Hockey Tables
There are numerous types of air hockey tables, and you’ll want to learn about each one.
- Arcade-Style: These are by far the most expensive air hockey tables, but they are also the most solid and well-made. A standard arcade table is about 8 feet long and features music as well as sound and lighting effects. You can also expect to get electronic scoring.
- Basic models: The more basic air hockey table models don’t have any of the fancy bells and whistles that the higher-end models do. These tables are best for children and very casual players.
- Tabletop: There are also tabletop air hockey tables, which can be easily stored when they are not being used. These tables are best for areas where there isn’t a lot of space. Tabletop tables often have rubber feet that stand on tables.
- Multi–game: Some air hockey tables offer numerous games, including shuffleboard, table tennis and foosball. These tables tend to be more expensive, but you will get a lot more use out of them.
You will also need to consider your skill level when deciding which air hockey table to purchase. Advanced players will need to look for a solid, full-size table that has rink walls. The table you get must also have precise deflection.
Intermediate players will want to look for a table that is at least 7’ long. You can get a table that is bigger with fewer extras, or a smaller one with some bells and whistles. It all depends on what your budget is like.
Beginners definitely don’t need a big expensive table. It is important to keep in mind that beginner tables aren’t particularly sturdy or well-made. These tables tend to warp easily and move around a lot. Once you have honed your skills, you can get a better table.
The motor that your air hockey table uses will be something else to consider. You want a table that offers an even flow output. It should be able to operate for an extended period of time while running quietly. The best air hockey tables feature a Plenum chamber.
You should look for an air hockey table with a solid overall construction with joints that are kept in place with sturdy screws. Make sure that you get a table with levelers so that you won’t have to deal with any wobbling.
The rink walls of the table you get should be made of solid aluminum or durable nylon for good deflection. If you are a beginner, you can probably settle for laminate aluminum rink walls. This just depends on your skill level.
Manual Slide Scoring System Vs. Electronic Scoring System
How would you prefer to track the score? there are 2 options.
Some air hockey tables use a manual score tracking while others use a digital one.
Digital scoring is nice because you won’t have to worry about keeping track of the score throughout each game.
You typically need to spend a little bit more to get a table with digital scoring, but its definitely worth it.
TOP 10 AIR HOCKEY TABLES
When you are trying to find the best air hockey table to buy, you will need to look at some of the best models available. These 10 tables are among the very best on the market today.
This air hockey table is great for children and young adults who are beginners at this game. It features some sharp-looking graphics that make for a nice aesthetic. The L-shaped legs feature levelers, so you can be sure that the table will remain stable at all times.
The electronic scoring feature that this table offers runs on 2 AAA batteries, which are not included. The playing surface itself measures 53.75” long by 23.5” wide with a weight of 44 pounds. When you order this table you will get two sets of orange paddles.
The dual 100V electric blowers are CUL-certified and more than adequate for consistent gameplay. The fairly small size of this table makes it an excellent choice for smaller areas where there isn’t much room.
While this is not a high-end air hockey table, it still has quite a lot to offer. It will make for a great addition to any home game room.
- CUL-certified 100V electric blower makes for smooth gameplay.
- Comes with two sets of paddles.
- Small enough to fit in most spaces with room to spare.
- Designed for kids and young adults.
- Sharp graphics make this table very aesthetically-pleasing.
- Musical scoring makes playing on this table even more fun.
- L-shaped legs with levelers keep the table stable.
- Comes with a money back guarantee and warranty.
- Great overall deal for the price.
- Doesn’t hold up as well long-term as higher-end tables.
- Not suitable for most advanced players.
This table features electronic scoring, so you don’t have to keep track of the score manually. The display is integrated right into the rails, making for a unique and efficient design.
The overhang rails that this table uses cut down on puck bounce, which can be a big problem with cheaper tables. The leg levelers will always provide you with an even surface to play on. It is extremely stable, even when the table is placed on an uneven surface.
One of the great things about this air hockey table is that it is compatible with ping pong table conversion tops, so you can use it to play two different kinds of games.
The 120V blower that this table features has a durable, heavy-duty design for fast and smooth play all the time. This is definitely one of the more durable and air hockey tables on the market. It doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles, but it’s a good choice for intermediate players.
- Electronic scoring feature means you never have to worry about keeping up with the score for each game.
- Features leg levelers that will keep the playing surface even and stable at all times.
- Designed to accommodate ping pong top for quick and easy conversion.
- Sturdy 120V blower that allows for fast play and years of regular use.
- Overhang rails keep annoying puck bounce to a minimum.
- Display integrated into the rails.
- Some customers have reported problems with electronic scoring sensors.
The MD Sports air hockey table has an arcade design, and it’s a great addition to any home game room. This table comes with all of the accessories necessary for getting started. You will receive 4 pucks as well as 4 pushers.
There is also an electronic scoring system that will allow you to keep track of the score for each game without doing any extra work. The 110V blower is powerful enough to make gameplay as smooth and quick as possible.
The arch-style legs of this table are made of extremely durable steel. There are 6” levelers on the legs so as to ensure complete stability throughout every game. This table is well-suited to children, as it will stand strong even when the games get a little wild.
The overall construction and design of this air hockey table is very sturdy for years of regular use. It is an excellent choice for beginners and intermediate players as well as children. There aren’t a lot of fancy features, but it is very well-built.
- Extremely sturdy steel legs with 6” over-sized levelers that help keep the playing surface balanced and stable always.
- Comes with 4 pushers and 4 pucks so you can get started playing immediately.
- Arcade-style table is a great addition to any home.
- Electronic scoring system always you to keep score without doing any work.
- 110V blower motor keeps the puck and pushers gliding along the table perfectly.
- Extremely heavy and difficult to move around.
This air hockey table has a laminate top that is very durable and keeps wear and tear down to a minimum. It is designed by professionals and features a low-profile with aluminum rails for ideal bounce.
You can purchase this table with the side graphics, which really add to the overall aesthetic. The face-off circle is great for those who enjoy playing in competitions. It is a very durable overall table that will stand the test of time.
When you buy this table you will get two pushers and two standard size pucks. It is an excellent choice for beginners as well as more advanced players, making it very versatile. Those who like to play air hockey on a regular basis will find that this table is quite sturdy.
- Sturdy aluminium top rail for ideal bankability and bounce.
- Laminate playing surface is tough and highly resistant to wear.
- Comes with two pushers and two pucks so you can start playing immediately.
- Side graphics make this one sharp-looking table.
- Very easy to assemble within a matter of minutes.
- Durable legs will keep the table level and balanced at all times.
- Score board can be somewhat problematic.
5. Carmelli NG1009H Air Hockey Table(For Children)
This arcade-style air hockey table features strong reinforced legs and CARB-certified construction for long-lasting durability. It also has an electronic scoring system that will keep track of who is winning in every match.
The graphics of this table are eye-catching and quite attractive. It measures 60” long by 26” wide by 31” tall. There are also dual goal boxes that feature automatic puck return, making each game more convenient for both players.
The 110V UL-approved electric blower has a high-output design to always keep your games moving along swiftly and smoothly. The laminate coating of the play surface is combined with MDF material for maximum durability.
Even intermediate and advanced players will find that this table is an excellent overall choice. The independent levelers make it easy to maintain stability throughout each game. The legs of the table are reinforced for additional stability.
- Electronic scoring system makes gameplay more convenient and authentic.
- Reinforced L-shaped legs with levelers are very sturdy and ensure complete balance.
- Powerful 110V UL-approved electric blower makes for smooth and consistent gameplay.
- Laminate coating on the surface of the table isn’t scratched or scuffed easily.
- Assembly is very fast and simple.
- Comes with 3” strikers and two standard size pucks.
- Automatic puck return means never having to fish around for the puck yourself.
- Great-looking graphics all over the table.
- Ships with extremely secure and well-padded packaging to prevent damage in transit.
- Might not be quite big enough for more advanced players.
The Goplus air hockey table offers extreme support with four very sturdy levels. The full panel legs ensure years of regular use without any issues. It has a very smooth playing surface with vibrant graphics, designed for smooth and effortless gameplay.
There is a LED electronic scoring feature as well as a manual scorer that you can use to keep track of the score of each game. This table uses a 12V DC motor that will provide you with steady and consistent airflow while you are playing.
When you order this air hockey table, you will receive two pushers and two pucks. It is ideal for children, but more advanced players should look elsewhere. It is big enough to where numerous children can play at once without any problems.
Sturdy screws hold the legs in place, so you can be sure they won’t move around while you are playing. For a cheaper air hockey table, this one is pretty solid with much to offer.
- Side rail electronic scoring with LED panel for keeping track of the score each game.
- Comes with two pucks and two pushers.
- 12V motor makes for smooth gameplay.
- Vibrant graphics on the table makes it good-looking addition to any gamer room.
- Special surface coating on the playing surface prevents it from getting damaged easily.
- Manual scorer that you can use if you don’t like the electronic scorekeeper.
- Very easy to set up.
- Full panel legs are incredibly sturdy and create a well-balanced playing surface.
- Perfect for kids and beginners.
- The electric blower could be stronger.
- Not intended for intermediate or advanced players.
The Sport Squad air hockey table has a tabletop design and can be stored and transported very easily. This is a great table for kids and those who are just starting out playing this game. It comes with two pucks and two pushers, so you have everything you need.
The high-output electric glower keeps the puck moving quickly and smoothly over the playing surface without any resistance. There are two goal boxes and manual scorers to allow you to keep score of each game easily.
While this is a more basic air hockey table, it is perfect for kids. It is designed to stay stable and balanced at all times. The electric-powered top of the table makes it easy to shoot back and forth without any issues.
The rubber pads on each leg of this table will not mark up your floor at all. This is a great choice for those who want an air hockey table that is easy to store and transport. There is virtually no assembly required for this table.
- Rubber pads on feet of table that won’t scuff or mark up your flooring.
- Comes with 2 pucks and 2 pushers to get you started.
- Powered electric fan is AC-adapter powered.
- Electric tabletop design keep the game going as smoothly as possible with minimal resistance.
- Sliding manual scorers allow you to keep track of the score for each game.
- Just attach the two goal boxes and you’re ready to start playing.
- No on/off switch.
- No electronic scoring (only manual).
- A little bit too short
This multigame table allows you to choose from numerous games to play, including billiards, ping pong, lunch football, and air hockey. It has a rotating swivel design that quickly and easily changes from one game to another.
The central air distribution system that this table is designed with makes it perfect for air hockey. You will never have to worry about any resistance or lag with the puck. This table measures 48” long by 23.75” wide by 32” tall. It is a perfect height for most teens.
When you buy this table you will get all of the necessary accessories for getting started. This table will help you save room by not having to get individual tables for all the different games. If you only have a small space to work with, this table is a good choice.
There are brace support beams on both the sides and ends of this table to keep it solid and well-balanced at all times. It is a great game table for younger people, but adults can have fun using it as well.
- Side and end support beams to keep the table sturdy no matter what game you are playing.
- Multi-game design allows you to choose from numerous games.
- Switch from one game to another in just seconds with the table’s swivel design.
- Table is small enough to fit in most rooms without taking up a lot of space.
- Great deal for the money.
- Extremely effective air flow system that will make every game of air hockey smooth and fast.
- Perfect height for teenagers.
- Can be difficult to use for taller players.
- Playing surface can get dinged up easily.
The Redline Acclaim air hockey table features a nice laminated play surface to keep every game moving along smoothly. The 110V motor is powerful enough to keep the puck and pushers gliding along the surface, and it features a switch.
You will receive 2 pushers and 2 pucks when you order this air hockey table. It has manual slide scoring for keeping track of the store in competitions or everyday gameplay. There is an external puck catcher that will always catch the puck when a goal is made.
The L-style legs of this table are sturdy enough to ensure that it doesn’t wobble or move around. This is a good air hockey table for beginners and intermediate players. It doesn’t take up much space, which is good for those who don’t have much to work with at home.
This table measures 27” wide by 54” in diameter, and it has a lip around the edge of the table to prevent the puck from flying off. It is fairly sturdy and long-lasting, so you should be able to get years use of use from it.
- PVC laminated playing surface doesn’t get scratched or marked up easily.
- External puck catcher makes it easy to retrieve the puck when a goal is scored.
- Small enough to fit in rooms where there isn’t a lot of space.
- Solid L-style legs that prevent wobbling during gameplay.
- 110V motor features a switch and guarantees smooth back and forth every game.
- Too small for most adults to play normally.
- Puck that comes with table is a bit flimsy.
The Hathaway Phantom air hockey table is perfect for advanced players and is designed for competitions. It features electronic scoring as well as automatic puck return for convenient gameplay.
The airflow system that this table uses is powerful and distributes air evenly throughout for smooth movement of the puck. There are two electric blowers that pump air through the ½” plenum, which has a baffled design for superior control.
It has an impressively sharp and attractive design that your friends will be sure to take notice of right away. This air hockey table measures 81” long by 42” wide by 1” deep. It is also extremely durable and not prone to damage even with regular long-term use.
- Stunningly attractive design with retro style and glossy sides.
- Comes with a money back guarantee.
- Two very powerful blowers make for smooth and quick gameplay every time.
- Tournament-quality design that is perfect for competitions.
- Scratch-resistant high-gloss poly sealed surface.
- Chrome finished corner connectors.
- Expert craftsmanship.
- Might be a bit pricey for beginners.
- Scoreboard sometimes doesn’t register scores properly.
THE BOTTOM LINE
There are lots of air hockey tables available on the market, but we really like the Hathaway Phantom Air Hockey Table.
This table is designed for more advanced players and features an electronic scorer and other great features.
If you are looking for a top-of-the-line air hockey table, this is certainly one option that you should consider.
Now that you bought an air hockey table, you definitely want to read our post on how to clean an air hockey table in 7 simple steps.
Did you enjoy this post? if so, please share it via social media so we can keep growing, it will help us a lot. Thanks!